Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mind-blowing love...deferred

There is a woman who fell in love with me by way of my words and exposed emotions online...and she and I have become good friends. She knows my heart and knows what im passionate about. Music is my heart and soul. She likes my taste and likes the new songs and artists i introduce her to. She knows and understands my need to be free and has no resentment toward me for not dating her. I love her, but Im not IN love with her. BUT! Even though she doesnt claw at me like a cat, she has very subtle ways of continually letting me knw how she feels about me.

There is a song that i fell completely in love with back in 2003. My best friend and I collaborated back then in the studio to create an EXTENDED version of this song (that's how much I love it). This version was to be shared with my wife. The song will be from My heart to hers. I hadnt heard it in years. It's been on ICE for the WIFE. Not to mention i've been on music hiatus for emotional reasons. The CD was released in the US 5 years after production and release across the pond, so it was my secret favorite song. Only my best friend Brad knows how deep that song runs in my blood.

One of the ways my friend expresses herself is thru Answer Tones/Calltones for when i call her. I remember the first one i recall was "If i Had my Way" Chrisette Michele. Hearing that made me smile. Finding out that she set it personally for ME made me smile a little wider. There have been quite a few more over the past year or so. THIS time....she hit tha jackpot. The song that is the nearest and dearest to my heart....the song that carries so much sentiment that I saved it for my WIFE. Only my best friend Brad who played with the song for me in the studio FOR the day i marry, knows that THAT song is for THE ONE. She came to town this evening, called me, i returned her call and there it was.......... "there is nooooo greater love....than what i feel for you....no sweeter song....no heart so true.....". My heart STOPPED. My jaw seemed to disconnect from my face. The world just disappeared....it was just me and tha song that is reserved for the one i havent met yet...the one i will love the most forever. Then she answered.

OH
MY
GOD!

was all I could get to come out of my mouth. I managed to find out that she did indeed set that one personally for me as well. She said she just heard it and thought it was perfect for me.... Thats it. Just like that. I am still speechless. I can tell the lead up story...but the emotions that flooded when i heard that song....just saturated all the trains of thought on my track.

How did she know?
How COULD she know?
Did i ever tell her about that song?
What made her even listen to it?
How did she know it was "perfect for me"?
OMG, Does she really feel like that about me?
(i mean, this song is the sentiment that was ONLY worthy of my WIFE)
Again...does she feel about me the way i want my WIFE to feel about me?
Does she feel the way i WILL feel for my WIFE?
What do i do?
How did she access my emotional music VAULT?
Does she really know me THIS well?
Have I exposed too much?
Would it be wrong of me to ignore what I'm feeling as a result?
What the hell AM I feeling?

Wow!

My mind is blown.
im just....completely speechless.

One thing I can say is... For someone whose seen me 4 times... Total, she knows me better than anybody in Texas....but I DO NOT know how she tapped into one of my most sacred musical secrets. And so effortlessly...

No comments:

Do you know why you're here...

You better put on a helmet so it don't make a mess when I BLOW.... YA MIND!!