Thursday, July 17, 2008

From my Heart...not my mouth

I have NOT forgotten about this Erykah thing. Honestly, I haven't read anything that was posted against Erykah because I know it will INFURIATE ME. I fully intend to speak my piece though. NOBODY attack Erykah Badu, after she damn near single-handedly freed the minds of the handful of us who allowed her to do so. HOW FUKKING DARE THEY! See... let me stop NOW. Erykah has pristinely spoken up for herself as expected and I want to CONGRATULATE her on the creation of new life. Erykah has spoken for herself, but I will speak up for the TRUE fans. The unspoken fan divide in the industry has been eating me alive with the scrutiny of artists like Amy Winehouse, the late GREAT Ol' Dirty Bastard....and now Erykah Badu. The divide between "fans of the music" and "fans of the artist". But i'm seeing now (not that I didnt know, i just NEVER expected Badu to be the target) that MANY fans aren't fans at all. After this most recent attack on Erykah and I've been slowly losing it with all the unfortunate Amy scrutiny, I can't hold it anymore.

It's time for me to be getting ready for bed. I'm going to need time and emotional energy for this.

No comments:

Do you know why you're here...

You better put on a helmet so it don't make a mess when I BLOW.... YA MIND!!