Monday, June 16, 2008

Music Industry vs. America's Checkbook

Ok. So have you heard? R. Kelly is not guilty on all charges.

Alright. Everybody knows the deal… what he did, what he didn’t do, what was on the tape, who peed on who, who let themselves get peed on, who fucked who, who sucked who and all the red tape around it.

Now… I’m wondering just how much scrutiny is he going to be under and for how long. I’m not in “loops”, I keep my distance from the loop, but so far from what I’ve seen Black America is 50/50. Half are happy he got off, the other half are saying it’s basically bullshit…they let all celebrities go cuz they got the money. As usual, I’m in the gray.

First off… let me say this. America’s system AINT set up for US. The reality is R. Kelly had the loot to buy out the system, just like the rest. I mean, you see how hit and miss America is with “breaking the law” in the last 10 years. Now, everybody want to play judge and jury and make an example out of certain people and not others. Paris Hilton, Michael Vick, Lindsay Lohan, Martha Stewart, Nicole Richie, Michael Jackson, Winona Ryder, OJ, TI, hell, Enron… etc. The SYSTEM is designed to regulate the siphoning of money out of our pockets and we act like we don’t know it. Who is FICA (you know who FICA is) and do they NOT have ENOUGH of EVERYBODY’s money YET!?! Come on now!! Why does everything COST money? Simulate the economy my ASS. Where is my economy? Is there NOT other currency… services perhaps… goods maybe? I’m good at shyt but Hell no I don’t wanna pay 10’s of thousands of dollars to get a piece a paper from some government regulated university to say that I am… see… more money out my pocket. People are money-hungry, because in this country, under the laws of THIS system, we NEED it. Not want… NEED. I HATE THAT I NEED MONEY. I don’t WANT a dime, but got-damnit because I live in this fucked up country I literally can’t live without it cuz I gotta eat. The system is about MONEY. This country is run by capitalists.

With that… do you not know that it costs US to feed and house them MFs in jail? So how any BROKE MF can promote sending extra MFs to jail is beyond me. I, even almost went to jail last year… for a fucking inspection sticker!! Luckily, they gave me another court date before they booked me. But, that shit…that time “in custody” turned my life around. I’m in Texas so I’ve dealt with my share of racism, the flame never dies. When an inspection sticker almost lands you in jail, it’s hard not to question everything about this system, this country and this trap I was born into. Bottom line, the system makes us pay for R. Kelly to be jailed but the system gets paid more from R. Kelly’s tax return AND sales on his talent. Sorry. Just simple reality.

I’m not saying R. Kelly was right. Not by a long shot, but I did not want him to go to jail. R. Kelly in jail does no good. That’s a grown ass man and if you listen to his music, he has his fun, but he’s not without intelligence and life experience. He’s not a menace to society. Stop acting like “making a nikka pay” is Justice! Mama’s need to keep a tighter lock on their damned kids under 18, FIRST. And as Huey said Get the nikka some counseling or a REAL woman. I mean, isn’t jail supposed to “rehabilitate” anyway. Why is the answer always “send that nigga to jail!” What happened to CORRECTING the problem, not shelving it in a jail cell. TRUE, I’d be pissed if that was say… my lil sister. I’d be ASHAMED, if that was my daughter. BUT, I would ensure that personal responsibility would NOT go unnoticed. I wouldn’t run to no police station and embarrass my loved one by putting her all in the lines of THAT kind of fire. That woman (yeah, woman…she grown and will prolly fuck him again) will always be known as “That girl R. Kelly peed on”. Now who gone put themselves in that position for HONORABLE reasons. It’s EXTORTION folks! I don’t know the circumstances of their relationship and neither do you. But you got to be REAL unhappy or REAL broke to put all that business out there, ruining any chance at a respectable life cuz you getting peed on in a video and pretend ur seeking justice. Naw, bitch, you seeking PAYMENT….and you got some of that R. Kelly dick she OBVIOUSLY wanted. Now which one of the two was actually wronged.

He aint a hero for beating the system, he’s just a man. The system know that R. Kelly albums stimulate the economy. So why be mad at R. for being raked thru the same system YOU living in? Once they charge you, you are hanging by your short and curlies and all u can do is fight! That’s what court is for…your shot… your chance to FIGHT the system. In America, the best weapon is money baby. He came, he peed, he was charged, he fought, he won. NOW, that nikka take a note and lay low.

ROBERT!! Stay AWAY FROM THEM YOUNG HOES. Hoes do what they go to do, with no second thoughts about extorting from you.

No comments:

Do you know why you're here...

You better put on a helmet so it don't make a mess when I BLOW.... YA MIND!!